General Provisions. Definitions
- These Regulations (Regulations) set out the conditions for the organization and participation in the congress entitled 3W – WATER, HYDROGEN, CARBON (Congress) in stationary form and online.
- The organizer of the Congress is Bank Gospodarstwa Krajowego, based in Warsaw, Aleje Jerozolimskie 7; 00-955, address for service VARSO 2, ul. Chmielna 73, 00-801 Warsaw, (Organizer).
- Organizer’s contact information:
- Temporary registered office and address: VARSO 2, ul. Chmielna 73, 00-801 Warsaw;
- E-mail: email@example.com.
- The Congress will be held on November 27-28 at the DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Warsaw, ul. Skalnicowa 21, 04-797 Warsaw.
- Terms used in these Regulations shall have the following meaning:
- Application Form means the form through which the Participant applies for Registration for the Congress;
- Subcontractor is any entity to which the Organizer has subcontracted works related to the organization of the Congress;
- Registration is a process of registering the Participant to attend the Congress;
- Website is www.kongres3w.pl which contains information about the Congress;
- Venue is the Congress venue, DoubleTree by Hilton Hotel & Conference Centre Warsaw, Skalnicowa 21, 04-797 Warsaw;
- Participant of the Congress is any person (individual) who attends the Congress, has read the Regulations and whose data has been entered for the purpose of Registration in the Application Form or who has been admitted to the Venue for the purpose of attending the Congress.
- The condition for participation in the Congress is:
- Participant’s application through the Application Form or in any other manner specified by the Organizer;
- payment by the Participant of the Congress ticket price in the gross amount of PLN 300,
- participants who have discount codes provided by the Organizer are exempt from the fee. Funds raised during registration will be donated to key water management projects. The Congress Participants will select the best project);
- acceptance of the Regulations.
- The hours when the Congress will be held will be indicated in the Congress agenda. Staying in the Venue outside the time period specified in the agenda is allowed only with the prior consent of the Organizer. The agenda will be made available on the Congress website.
- The entity acting as an intermediary in the sale of tickets entitling to participation in the Congress, i.e. accepting payments and holding funds from the sale of these tickets, is the company DON’T WORRY spółka z ograniczoną odpowiedzialnością spółka komandytowa based in Warsaw, ul. Kolejowa 45A/63, 01-210 Warsaw, NIP (Tax Identification Number): 527-268-31-39, REGON (Statistical Identification Number): 146278972, KRS (National Court Register) Number: 0000431288.
Registration for the Congress
- Registration using the Application Form requires access to the Internet.
- In order to use the Application Form, it is necessary to have a device with Internet access and an up-to-date version of an Internet browser (e.g. Mozilla Firefox, Google Chrome, Microsoft Edge, Opera, Safari, etc.).
- Information related to participation in the Congress will be sent to the Participant’s e-mail address. Change of the address requires notification to the Organizer.
- Subject to the provisions of these Regulations and within the limits permitted by law, the Organizer is not liable for any damage suffered by the Participant in connection with participation in the Congress or cancellation of participation in the Congress. In particular, the Organizer is not liable for the Participant’s inability to participate in the Congress caused by Force Majeure or for reasons attributable to the Participant. Force Majeure means all external events of an extraordinary nature, impossible to foresee and prevent, in particular: catastrophic acts of nature, wars, mobilizations, border closures, general strikes and acts of state authority.
- The Organizer reserves the right to cancel, shorten, change the date or agenda of the Congress in the event of Force Majeure preventing the organization of the Congress, the risk of the introduction of regulations preventing the organization of the Congress or in the event of a threat to the life or health of the Participants.
- In the above cases, to the extent permitted by law and subject to the provisions of the Regulations or a separate agreement, the Organizer is not liable for damage to Participants resulting from the cancellation or change to dates of the Congress, including costs related to transportation or hotel reservations. The Organizer is also not obligated in such a case to refund the fees/remuneration already paid for booking packages, seats or other services, including to the extent that they cover the Organizer’s costs already incurred.
- In any situation, to the extent permitted by law, the Organizer is not obligated to reimburse any costs related to the Congress incurred by the Participant other than through the Organizer.
- All complaints related to the exercise of the Participants’ rights regarding participation in the Congress may be reported to the Organizer no later than 3 days after the end of the Congress, but no later than 3 days from the occurrence of the circumstance giving rise to the complaint.
- All complaints and claims related to the organization and conduct of the Congress should be addressed to the Organizer:
- to e-mail address: kongres3W@bgk.pl;
- to address for correspondence: VARSO 2, ul. Chmielna 73, 00-801 Warsaw.
- The Organizer undertakes to respond to the complaint within 30 days from the date of its receipt. In the absence of any response within the aforementioned period, the complaint will be considered valid.
- In the event of a valid complaint, the Organizer will reimburse the Participant for the costs incurred thereby related to personal participation in the Congress.
- Refunds will be made to the bank account indicated by the Participant in the correspondence regarding the complaint.
- A Participant who is a consumer may use out-of-court handling of complaints and claims. Detailed information about the possibility for a Participant who is a consumer to use out-of-court procedures for handling complaints and pursuing claims, as well as rules of access to these procedures, is available at the offices and on the websites of district (city) consumer ombudsmen, social organizations whose statutory tasks include protecting consumers, Province Inspectorates of Trade Inspection and on the website of the Office of Competition and Consumer Protection (gov.pl). A Participant who is a consumer may use the online dispute resolution (ODR) platform available at: http://ec.europa.eu/consumers/odr.
Responsibilities related to participation in the Congress
- The Congress Participant is obligated to comply with the occupational health and safety rules and fire regulations that are in force in the Venue, as well as with the organizational and technical instructions and orders of the representatives of the Organizer and order and sanitary services.
- Among other things, the Participant receives a name badge, which entitles the Participant to move around the Venue.
- The Participant is obligated to have the ID badge given thereto at all times during stay in the Venue, and is obligated to show it each time when requested so by a representative of the Organizer or by order and sanitary services.
- The Participant is fully responsible for all their statements and presentations made during the Congress.
- Each Participant of the Congress undertakes to comply with the Regulations, good manners and rules of social coexistence.
- The Organizer reserves the right to expel from the Congress any person transmitting inappropriate, vulgar content, content not allowed by law or rules of social coexistence, content that may refer by its subject to gender, age, sexual orientation, race or other topics that may, among other things, cause feelings of discrimination in other Participants.
- It is prohibited to provide own or third party marketing services in the Venue unless the Organizer gives prior written consent.
- The Participant has to observe the obligation of cleanliness and waste segregation. In particular, the Participant is obligated to dispose of waste to the garbage cans or containers designated for this purpose.
- The Organizer is not liable for the Participant’s actions contrary to the law, these Regulations or the rules of social coexistence. In such a situation, the Participant is solely liable for damage caused by their actions to the Organizer, other Participants or third parties.
Prohibition of access to the Venue. Expulsion from the Venue
- Aggressive persons, under the influence of alcohol or psychoactive substances will not be allowed to enter the Venue, and if such persons are found, they may be expelled from the Venue.
- The Organizer reserves the right to remove any person violating the Regulations from the Venue, without the right to return to the Venue or claim reimbursement of any costs or expenses incurred in connection with participation in the Congress.
Recording of the Congress
- The Organizer may record and fix the course of the Congress for documentation, reporting, advertising and promotional purposes of the Organizer in future years.
- The recording and other materials documenting the course of the Congress may be subject to the following by the Organizer or entities acting on Organizer’s behalf: electronic processing, framing and composition, as well as may be combined with other recordings and materials, supplemented with accompanying commentary, cut, edited, modified, added to other materials created for documentation, reporting, advertising and promotional purposes of the Organizer. Participation in the Congress is tantamount to granting permission to the Organizer, free of charge, without time and territorial limitations, to record and disseminate the image for the purpose of documenting, reporting, advertising and promotion of the Congress and the Organizer in future years, in all known fields of use, including the fields of use indicated in Article 50 of the Act on copyright and related rights.
Personal data protection
- The Controller of the personal data of the Congress Participants is the Organizer.
- The Controller has appointed a Data Protection Officer who can be contacted on matters related to the processing of personal data, including the exercise of the rights of data subjects, by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org
- Personal data are processed to the extent and for the purposes necessary for the preparation and holding of the Congress, in accordance with the Regulation (EU) 2016/679 of the European Parliament and of the Council of 27 April 2016 on the protection of natural persons with regard to the processing of personal data and on the free movement of such data, and repealing Directive 95/46/EC (GDPR) and the regulations on the protection of personal data in force in the Republic of Poland.
- Participants’ personal data are collected by filling out the application form. The Controller collects the following personal data: first and last name, e-mail address, telephone number and organization. The Organizer will also process the image of Congress Participants captured in photos and videos of the Congress.
- The bases for personal data processing:
- 6(1)(b) of the GDPR – acceptance of the Regulations (agreement). Provision of data is necessary to conclude an agreement with the Organizer for participation in the Congress;
- 6(1)(c) of the GDPR – fulfillment of legal obligations incumbent on BGK as the Congress Organizer;
- 6(1)(f) of the GDPR – legitimate interest of the Controller, consisting in activities promoting the idea of 3W through dissemination of coverage of the Congress (including materials containing the image of the Participants), as well as establishing and asserting potential claims or defending against them.
- Each data subject has the right to access their data, the right to request rectification, erasure or restriction of processing, the right to object, in particular, to processing based on the legitimate interest of the Controller, and the right to lodge a complaint with the President of the Office for Personal Data Protection, as well as the right to revoke at any time the consent to data processing given, without affecting the lawfulness of processing carried out prior to the withdrawal of the consent.
- Personal data provided to the Organizer in connection with participation in the Congress will be processed for the time necessary to organize it and until the limitation of any claims related to participation in the Congress. Data may also be processed as part of accounting documents for the period required by law.
- The Organizer reserves the right to share personal data with entities authorized by law to the extent and for the purpose required by these entities and laws, including: law enforcement agencies, sanitary services, or public administration authorities.
Intellectual property rights
- The rights to the Congress title and agenda, website, layout, logo, graphics, photos, audio and video files and any other materials used to promote the Congress are vested in the Organizer or a third party (if so designated) and are protected by law.
- The above designations and materials may not be used without the written consent of the Organizer or a third party right holder.
- It is forbidden to remove or modify copyright notices or other intellectual property rights designations contained in any Congress materials.
- The Organizer is not liable for items belonging to Participants that may be lost, damaged or stolen during the Congress.
- Any person holding a name badge of the Congress, with the inscription ORGANIZER, is considered to be a representative of the Organizer during the Congress.
- These Regulations become effective as of August 1, 2023.
- These Regulations will be made available on the Organizer’s website.
- The Organizer reserves the right to change the Regulations, and undertakes to immediately inform the Participants of this fact via e-mail and on the Organizer’s website.
- In the event that any of the provisions of the Regulations are found to be in conflict with mandatory provisions of law or invalid, the remaining provisions of the Regulations remain in force. In place of the provisions of the Regulations that remain in conflict with mandatory provisions of law or invalid, the applicable provisions of law apply.